Last Week in WoW: Theraless edition
Happy Tuesday morning, everyone. The Theramore’s Fall scenario is live, and if you’re a level 85 with decent gear, you can run it for another week or so, after which it turns into a level 90 scenario. If you want a peek at what it entails, we have a walkthrough of the Alliance side.
If you’d rather stay unspoiled, don’t worry. There’s plenty of other exciting happenings to read up on, especially with the launch of Mists of Pandaria only a week away. Downtime this morning is scheduled to start at 3 a.m. PDT and last for 8 hours as of this writing, so you should have time to get through it all.
Hot news and features
- WoW Devs hosted a Reddit AMA where they discussed just about anything, from lore to raiding to class balance. Check out the transcript of their answers. Best Buy is also hosting another Mists of Pandaria Developer chat today.
- Patch 5.0.5 is out, bringing with it some minor class tweaks and bug fixes. We have the patch notes.
- Challenge Modes will have no lockouts or consumable restrictions.
- Check out the latest live server hotfixes from September 12 and September 14.
- It’s been 7 years since the Corrupted Blood incident, and a death knight disease bug offered a re-enactment.
- While Blizzard may be hiding information in screenshots, the stuff in there doesn’t really threaten your privacy all that much.
- The WoW Mobile Armory has been updated for Mists.
- Blizzard has been releasing previews of Mists of Pandaria zones, including Jade Forest and Valley of the Four Winds. Li Li’s Travel Journal has also seen some new updates.
- We have an interview with the creators of Pearl of Pandaria, the upcoming WoW graphic novel.
- The next WoW novel will focus on Vol’jin, leader of the Darkspear Trolls.
- Blizzard offers a new level of account security with SMS Protect.
- Mists of Pandaria holds many secrets, including the deadly Pinch King.
- Wowhead has a guide for discovering the hidden treasures of Pandaria and getting the Lost and Found achievement.
Class news and guides
- Blood Pact has a guide to level 90 heroic gear for warlocks.
- The Light And How To Swing It has a guide to retribution in patch 5.0.4 and beyond.
- Lichborne examines some of the new death knight group utility in Mists of Pandaria.
- Totem Talk looks at restoration shaman dungeon gear in Mists.
- Arcane Brilliance offers a guide to mage stats in Mists.
- Encrypted Text documents some annoying rogue bugs.
- Shifting Perspectives discusses restoration druid PvP performance.
- Scattered Shots looks at hunter PvP in patch 5.0.4.
- The Care And Feeding of Warriors lays out some warrior issues and concerns.
Dungeons, items, professions, PvP, and more
- Level 1 characters can ride Sea Turtles.
- Gathering professions no longer need tools. Instead, having the tools in your inventory gives you a +10 skill boost.
- Addon Spotlight helps you replace your broken addons.
- Uberguild Paragon will be switching to 10-man raiding in Mists.
- Blood Sport interviews a top arena team.
Odds and ends
- 15 Minutes of Fame talks to Chris Kluwe, who may just be the most awesome NFL punter ever.
- Know Your Lore speculates on the true depth of Deathwing’s plans and the lore possibilities of the WoW TCG‘s latest expansion.
- Blizzard’s offering 7 free days of WoW for inactive players, but the offer’s only good until tomorrow. Better jump on it.
- WoW Archivist looks back at some crazy TV ads for WoW.
- The Guild will return on October 2 for season 6.
Filed under: Realm Status, News items